Monday, May 22, 2017

Get to Know

So as my first blog post I thought I might just share a little bit about myself. I am a 16 year old lover of books. I live in a small town in North Carolina. I have a sister and a brother, two nephews and a niece that I adore. We are a very close family and for the most part very supportive of one another. My love of books started around the age of 7 when my parents enrolled me in a summer reading class. Up until that point I hated to read and they didn't know what to do with me. They figured the class couldn't hurt so off to college I went. It was a class filled with kids just like me who hated to stare at a page for longer than a minute. I don't remember everything thing about that summer, but I remember I had a great teacher who didn't give up on me and worked with me until I loved to read. I couldn't believe I had ever not liked it. That class was one of the best things my parents have done for me. I am very thankful of that and of the teacher who worked with me. I can't imagine how my life would have turned out if I hadn't gone. From that point on I loved to read. It was an effort to get me out of a book. I remember in the second year of middle school my history teacher was always late so I would take out my book and read. The only problem was even after she got there I wouldn't stop. I love history it's my second best subject but that year I almost failed. Now I am homeschooled and will be taking the GED soon. Cross your fingers I pass please!!! So as I stated in my profile I created this blog to give people like me a voice. I feel like we are a big community and we ought to have the chance to speak what's on our minds. So please now,and in the future don't be afraid to comment and share!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment